Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely and effectively with ED to facilitate ED’s ability to lead successfully and effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
· Keep the ED’s office flowing smoothly, paying particular attention to detail, efficiency, and operational excellence. Continuously improve quality results by evaluating and re-designing processes and implementing appropriate changes.
· Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects and assignments to successful completion.
· Keep ED well prepared for commitments and responsibilities; provide a bridge for smooth and trustworthy communications between ED and departments; and prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns.
· Perform a variety of complex high-level administrative duties and direct assistance to ED.
· Exercise independence, confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy and judgment to assist ED in management of meetings, scheduling, internal communications,
· Coordination of ED’s direct reports, and interactions with other key staff and external relationships.
· Prepare ED for meetings and events through research of people and topics.
· Provide summary of meeting notes with action points for the ED, conduct follow-ups with meeting participants, as needed.
· Coordinate and manage travel schedules/logistics and Process ED expense reports for accountant.
· Maintain current knowledge of organizational activities, operations, and staff.
· Conserves the ED's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
· Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
· Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication, Social media Skills.
The ideal candidate for this Job should the following skills and abilities:
· Ability to work with multiple digital channels including web, mobile, email, search engine and social media.
· Excellent organizational skills with solid attention to detail and strong follow-through are required.
· Ability to get results, manage multiple tasks and work independently
· Exceptional oral and written communications skills, ability to analyze, think critically and to explain alternatives clearly.
· Ability to work effectively with a broad group of constituents.
· Ability to handle confidential, proprietary and sensitive information requiring judgment and discretion.
Education and Experience:
University degree or minimum three years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, or administration preferably in a non-profit environment, preferred.