Nigeria Machine Tools a multi-disciplinary engineering and manufacturing company is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : General Manager/Chief Operating Officer
Overall job objective is to secure and Transform the business and ensure sustainable growth and profitability.
Responsible for all Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control, Accounts and General Operations as well as Manufacturing support functions: Supply Chain, Engineering, Planning and Maintenance.
- This position will require a self- starter needing very minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 20 Years Relevant Management Experience
- Experience in medium to large-scale engineering/manufacturing company is a must.
- Experience in Technical Production facility management and extensive hands - on machine skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in English Language
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Effective understanding of broad business functions such as Finance, Supply Chain, marketing, sales etc.
- Networking and strong entrepreneurial orientation
- Strong computer skills in MS office packages
- This is an International Vacancy open to qualified expatriates within or outside Nigeria.
- We need a highly experienced Manager of men and resources who is focused on results and is a Tested Turnaround Expert.
- S/he must have an appropriate and applicable B.Sc qualification, with an additional business degree (e.g. MBA) and/or other Professional qualifications.
- Corporate membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- He must be a strong and effective net-worker with the ability to transform businesses within a short-controlled period.
- S/he will have sound knowledge of the policy and work plan strategies cut across several industries and markets (Oil/Gas, Construction, Manufacturing etc.) in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Highly Numeric
- Provide vision and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency of the company
- Establish modern management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes
- Maintain individual skills update in line with latest production and production management concepts.
- Create an enabling environment which will empower the employees to commit to achieving set goals and objectives and proactively respond to opportunities and challenges in the business environment.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets
- Initiate and drive a comprehensive marketing strategy to achieve company growth targets
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports Nigeria Machine Tools strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Prepare and present periodic business performance reports to the Board and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain and improve Good housekeeping in all areas
- Prepare, Present and Execute all business and Financial Plans
Negotiable: Including, Housing, Transport, Medical Insurance.
How To Apply
Candidates should send their CV's to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed