Responsibilities of the Electrician/Gen Operator:
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
· Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
· Perform duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
· Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
· Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares etc
· Operate the generator and cold room air conditioning equipment
· Air conditioning maintenance experience is required
· Operate shift arrangement.
Job Requirements and Skills
· Minimum of SSCE
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as Electrician in a corporate environment
· Able to work well on a team
· Running night shift is required
· Excellent hand-eye coordination
· Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Must be resident in Lagos