Vacancy for Bursar at the Federal College of Education, Kano
Federal College of Education, Kano - The Governing Council of Federal College of Education, Kano, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- A candidate for the post should be resourceful and conversant with current federal government financial rules and regulations as is applicable in particular to Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- He should be honest, transparent and capable of providing sound leadership in financial management and administration.
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the College. He is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day Administration and control of the financial affairs of the Institution,
- Among others, sonic specific duties of the Bursar include:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and executing the financial affairs of the College in accordance with the Government financial regulations. treasury circulars and the Governing Council’s decisions/directives tinder sound financial discipline and management.
- Maintaining proper books of account and financial records on income and expenditure, as well as assets and liabilities of the College.
- Advising the Provost on all College financial matters.
- Providing regular and special reports to the Governing Council on the College financial matters.
- Coordinating the preparation, submission and defence of the College annual personnel, overhead and capital budget estimates,
- Maintaining an up to date record of Federal Government Financial regulations, directives and circulars.
- Maintaining good rapport with the Government Financial regulatory bodies/agencies to ensure appropriate compliance with Government financial rules and regulations.
- Preparation of the college annual financial statements for statutory audit by external auditors.
- A candidate for the post of Bursar must possess:
- A good honours degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance from a recognized Institution, with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience. Or
- A Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience.
- Registration with a recognized Professional Body, i.e. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or recognised equivalent is mandatory
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT skills and packages especially Excel.
- Candidate must not be above fifty nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
The Appointment shall be for a period of 5 years in the first instance and may be renewed for an additional 5 years thereafter.
Salary CONTEDISS 15.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit in twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following information:
- Full names, Surname underlined.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- Geo-Political Zone
- State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Work Experience in chronological sequence with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities/Hobbies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of which must be the present employer
Applications should be forwarded to the Registrar/Secretary to Council in a sealed envelope labelled "Post of Bursar" to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal College of Education,
In addition, candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to send Confidential Reports on them to the Registrar/Secretary to Council to be received on or before the closing date.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed