Mining Project Engineer at TheHRLeverageAfrica
Responsible for the development and completion of the project feasibility studies, structuring the design and mine operational planning. Effecting Project transitions as well as monitoring and providing oversight to various mining teams and vendors as appropriate.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of mine plans, methods, design, and materials handling
- Provide guidance, support and act as direct resource to the team building the mine feasibility studies.
- Monitoring Progress and communicate same to project owner.
- Provide specialist technical input into team project work.
- Provide input and evaluation into reserve and resource estimates
- Provide project management leadership and/or act as the mining lead in the project site
- Develop or bring forward, as appropriate, industry best practices and new technologies
- Oversee the development and maintenance of long and short term mine plans, mine designs and input
- Utilize geological efforts as appropriate on the site
- Prepare and review project proposals, studies and technical reports
- Oversee the cost effective, safe and timely completion of projects that meet or exceed expectations
- Liaise with contractors, vendors and other stakeholders on a technical level and present reports,
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project output accordingly
Key Performance Indicator
- 0% complaints from local people
- 100% functionality of mining operations.
- 0% of damage, loss and misplaced of items major work equipment.
- Above average number of holes drilled per month/year
- Swift waste recycling (e.g., tons per time unit)
- Above 90% of operational uptime
- % reduction in exploration costs
Required Educational Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Mining/solid Minerals or related discipline
- Registered member of recognized professional association
- At least 7+ years of mining experience and project reporting
- Experience in underground mine design and development and team building.
- Experience in mine equipment selection, capital cost and operating cost estimates
- Strong track record of successfully completed projects in the mining industry
- Familiar with mine planning software as required.
- Knowledge of natural minerals
Peculiarities of the Role
- Dirty and dusty work environment
- Local stakeholder management.
- Flexible timing and days of work (as occasional weekend work days may be required)
- Organizational & multitasking skills ,Proactive & driven
- Excellent communication in Hausa Language.
- Project Management skills
- Support and practice Health & Safety practices
- Strong team player with other technical and non-technical people
- Must be a strong team player and an excellent problem solver.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed