This role involves leading the Primary School and overseeing the head of Nursery (Early years), i.e. Key stage 1 and 2.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
Status of the Post
It is a senior leadership post. The role is directly responsible to the school board through the chair of the board (Proprietress).
The office holder will be responsible to the board Chair for the overall leadership and management of the school, leading in the development of strategic, policy and development plans that ensures the School meets international standard. In particular, she/he shall advise on and implement rigorous academic policies to ensure that students receive the highest standard of education and that demanding and measurable target and objectives are set for staff.
- She/he shall be responsible for the day to day management of the Primary Section of the school.
- She/he shall create a clear vision and positive ethos for the future of the primary School which embraces the purpose, mission and strategic targets set in the school’s mission.
- She/he shall ensure the highest possible standards of education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning, a balanced Nigerian – British curriculum, and the provision of rich extra curricular activities.
- She/he shall lead and direct all members of staff and students, through the direct management of the school’s leadership team , ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate management structure, and that the school complies with educational and other relevant legislation, including, health and safety.
- She/he shall lead, manage and develop staff to ensure that the school‘s organization curriculum and resources enable everyone to achieve the highest possible standards.
- She/he shall monitor teacher’s plans, evaluate students’ classroom experience, track students’ attainment and evaluate progress towards meeting agreed targets.
- She/he shall communicate a clear view of the Primary’s School aims so that all staff know what is required of them and are competent and committed to achieving the schools goals.
- She/he shall be responsible for promoting the aims and values of the school and ensure effective communications with all stakeholders, including staff, pupils, parents, the community served by the school, and relevant government agencies.
- She/he shall ensure all primary school teaching staff are committed to the school’s aims and are motivated and involved in the achievement of priorities and targets which the school sets for herself, and provide the necessary support and guidance in order to implement the relevant action plans successfully.
- She/he shall keep abreast of changes in government policy and wider educational practice, and shall be accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes of all aspects of the school, pupil behavior, discipline, educational and support services as well as marketing and communications.
- She/he shall support the busy and varied life of the school, attending its events and wider programme of activities as well as ensure child protection and safe guarding of students at all times.
- Inspire stakeholders’ confidence in the Primary School.
- Any other job related responsibilities assigned from time to time
Qualification & Experience
- BSC – Bachelor degree
- Advance degree/ trainings is highly desired
- Teaching experience
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years related experience
- The ability to inspire and lead
- Ability to improve performance
- Act with urgency
Please tick to confirm this questionnaire has been agreed by the department and any job holder(s)
Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘HOPSA’ as subject of mails before 15th March, 2018. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed