Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Support Officer, Commercial Banking
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- To provide proactive and value adding transactional support services to Commercial Banking clients, by increasing efficiency and cutting transaction process times.
- To provide transactional back up support for Relationship Managers
Trade Finance Support:
- Form M opening LC/Bills/Non-valid for FX
- Follow up on LC establishment with all relevant units
- Processing of shipping documents and PAAR release
- Preparation of credit tickets for release of shipping documents
- General liaison with IBC on all FX related requests
- Treating client’s routine requests - funds transfer, cheque book request, funds placement, account reactivation, etc.
- Bank statement generation request processing.
- Marking and un-marking of liens.
- Ensuring KYC and BVN update of existing and new existing accounts
- Monitoring of monthly repayments on running facilities for assigned portfolios and timely escalation of incidences of obligation not being met by client.
- Monitoring maturing risk assets.
- Resolution of client issues/problem solving
- Report generation and rendition
- Cheque confirmations
- Loading of requests on Remedy and follow ups to ensure auctioning by the relevant unit(s).
- Monitoring of collections/credit inflows into accounts of clients under management and escalation of non-receipt or reduction of inflows.
- Creation of Customer Profile on CAMS
- Preparation of BBRS on CAMS
- Preparation of credit tickets to initiate loan drawdown/disbursement
- Following up on credit disbursement tickets sent to Loan Booking
- Initiate loan liquidations
- Monitoring of segmentation/mapping/tiering of accounts in assigned portfolios.
- Collections/turnover monitoring and analysis.
- Monitoring and ensuring of client information completeness.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A first degree or equivalent in any discipline. Relevant professional qualification and/or a second degree would be an added advantage.
- Any banking experience would be an added advantage.
- Client experience as reflected in NPS and dipstick score for portfolio.
- Profitability of the portfolio vis a vis budgeted revenue numbers.
- Sustainable net balance sheet growth (as measured by CASA, LTD, quality of risk assets)
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed