Call for Volunteers: NIWOSEC Volunteering Programme 2019
The Nigerian Workforce Strategy and Enlightenment Centre (NIWOSEC)
NIWOSEC seeks Nigerians who are experienced professionals, keen to share their skills and experience with people in Nigeria for the development of the nation.
- An opportunity to use your skills and experience to have a long-lasting impact on people’s lives
- Opportunity to do something different and inspirational and in a long run, touch people’s lives.
NIWOSEC will support you:
- All travels, vaccinations and accommodation (where applicable) will be paid for by NIWOSEC
- Comprehensive Training for volunteers before project commencement
- Full support and security from our offices
- Local living allowances (as it may apply) and,
- Support for resettlement and re-employment on your return.
How it works:
NIWOSEC only sends experienced professionals to where they’re needed. The idea is that you share your time, energy and expertise, NOT, your money.
You can volunteer with NIWOSEC in any of these programmes:
- Community Volunteering Programme (CVoP): This is for young people recruited to volunteer within the community they live in. Your placement will be within your community.
- Graduate Volunteer Programme (GVoP): This is designed for Nigerian Youths who have completed their NYSC. Your placement may be any part of this country. This will last for the duration of one year in most cases.
- NYSC – NIWOSEC Volunteer Programme (NVoP): This is open to Youth corps members willing to volunteer with NIWOSEC during their service year. This will last for the duration of one year but may be extended as the volunteer may wish.
- Multi-Volunteering Service (MVoS): This programme is open to young Nigerians with age between 18 and 25 willing to volunteer for NIWOSEC for intensive 3 months or as long as they wish. They may not serve in their community of residence.
- Have some work experience in your field or others
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification (Your motivation and willingness to volunteer is what is needed most importantly)
- Be fit and healthy
- Pass our criminal record check
- Be able to commit to the full duration of your placement
- Be willing to live on a basic allowance and adapt to new living conditions
You are in safe hands:
NIWOSEC volunteering programme is just kick-starting this year but it is being handled by a volunteer programme expert with a team of huge experience in supporting volunteers.
Benefits to you:
- An incredible experience
- Personal Development
- Career Progression
- Employment Opportunities
- Peer-Peer Networking
What do I need to apply?
You will be assessed individually based on your experience and qualifications.
The volunteering programmes start in January 2019, the application is currently open and will end by 27th October 2018.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed