Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Vendor Acquisition
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head of Vendor Acquisition will lead Jumia Vendor Acquisition Strategy, which at a high level includes Vendor Acquisition, Vendor Retention, Vendor Development, Vendor Experience and Vendor Education
- You will be responsible for driving growth and revenue from Vendors across product lines
- In addition to organic growth, this position will develop relationships with channel partners to meet Vendor acquisition targets as required.
In particular, you will:
- Acquire and incubate key target sellers, in line with our long-term strategic plan
- Implement campaigns and initiatives for new sellers to boost their performance
- Devise a plan to acquire vendors and products to fuel an aggressive growth
- Break down regional targets into individual targets for each team member and ensure targets are achieved
- Devise and implement online and offline strategies to source leads
- Liaises with category team to drive and growth individual categories (e.g. Electronics, Health & Beauty, Fashion)
- Manage a team of acquisition agents and optimize their performance
- Directly interact with key new sellers to build relationship and ensure strong performance with Jumia
- Ensure overall sales target are met through planning, forecasting, marketing and collaboration with internal teams
- Recommend processes and performance measures to improve and motivate team in line with the company objectives
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in related courses which include; Business Administration/Management, Sales, Marketing, Economics.
- Minimum of 6 years of Vendor Management/Acquisitions and/or Business Development & Account Management experience is required
- Previous experience in fast-paced high-pressure sales environment with short closing cycles
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Good relationship with top distributors in Major markets across different product categories would be an added advantage.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed