Plant / Process Operator I (Marine Operator) at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant / Process Operator I (Marine Operator)
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation (2 weeks on/2 weeks off)
- Responsible for liaising with the Control Room Technician (CRT) and other Operations Technicians on job safety requirements to ensure understanding of the work objectives, safety, health, environmental, Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and security concerns. Responsible for supporting the CRT/Ops Supervisor in providing oversight of the area activities and ensuring they are integrated and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Works in a crew environment to manage activities involved with safe and efficient operation of all plant units and sulfur recovery operations. Performs surveillance of equipment
- Work cooperatively with Contractor personnel to prepare and maintain a safe work environment for their work
- Responsible for participation in the Operations Emergency Response activities relating to the Area
- Provide support and coordination with the Systems Completion team in start-up and commissioning of the facilities
- Take part in the review of work packages for planned maintenance activities within allocated Area, confirms that isolation requirements are applied, and ensures that the preparation of equipment is planned in a manner that provides a safe environment in which personnel can work
- Endorse Work Permits as the Area Operator (AO) . Endorse Work Permits as the Isolating Authority (IA) when required.
- Encourages team effort between Maintenance and Operations groups
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to complement the efforts of other work groups
- Ensuring the CRT is informed and consulted about operations and major issues
- Ensures good communication between Areas so that issues can be adequately addressed and actions completed
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in allocated Area
- Maintain a daily log and shift changeover notes
- Safely perform physical tasks at times, e.g. moving drums of chemicals, lifting, climbing ladders/silos/tanks
- May perform minor maintenance to equipment
- Maintain a high standard of plant housekeeping
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2018.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed