Improvement Manager at the African Human Development Centre (AHDC)
AKWA IBOM ,
African Human Development Centre (AHDC), a non-governmental, research and development organization dedicated to the development of African human resources, in partnership with Women and Orphans Empowerment organizations (WEWE) is implementing USAID-funded LOPIN II (Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children Project) in Etinan Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
The objective of the project is to improve systems and structures at the communities, LGA and State levels to provide for vulnerable children and their households in Etinan LGA with integrated quality care.
AHDC requires the services of experienced professionals to strengthen its service delivery on the project. Accordingly, applications are invited from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Improvement Manager
Location: Etinan, Akwa Ibom
Duration: 1 year subject to renewal
- Provide Oversight on overall program implementation and coordination.
- Support the implementation of technical activities to improve the well-being and care for the vulnerable children, and their households in Etinan using the National Service standard and improvement science
- Participate in conducting regular site monitoring visits
- Supervise Monthly reporting from M&E unit.
- Ensure allowable and reasonable petty cash advance request by staff and ensure strict financial compliance in program activities and procurements within the LGA
- Perform any other task as needed.
Qualification and Experience Required
- A minimum of University degree or HND in Public health, Social Science, Biological science or Pure Sciences
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Community Development
- Research and Evaluation skills such as data analysis
- Strong computer skills (should know how to use MS Excel to make graphs, MS word and Power point
- Must be willing to work in rural areas
- Very Strong report writing skills
- Fluency in both written and oral ENGLISH
- Ability to Speak Akwa Ibom Language (Ibibio Precisely)
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV's addressed to "The Chief Executive Officer, African Human Development Centre", indicating position applied for to: email@example.com
- Any application received after the deadline shall not be considered.
- The project is community-based, therefore, successful candidates should be willing to reside and work in rural communities.
- AHDC is a right-based and equal opportunity organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, tribe or religion. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed