National Consultant - GEP3 State Monitoring & Evaluation at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
ZAMFARA , SOKOTO , KEBBI ,
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Consultant - GEP3 State Monitoring & Evaluation
Job Number: 515884
Locations: Kebbi, Sokoto & Zamfara
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of Assignment
- The purpose of this consultancy is to ensure the effective monitoring, data collection and maintain records on all Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) interventions in the respective GEP3 and Educate A Child (EAC) focus states (Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara) according to the GEP3/EAC state work plan and GEP3 monitoring and evaluation framework, contributing to the results of the project. Two State M&E Consultants will be contracted in each of the two GEP3 (Sokoto and Zamfara) and one M & E Consultant in EAC (Kebbi) focus state. GEP3/EAC activities are implemented in close partnership with government education agencies and civil society partners.
- The consultant will report to the State Project Coordinator under supervision of the Sokoto Education Specialist/Officer and with technical guidance of the Education Specialist, M&E based in Abuja. The consultant will work closely with the Education Specialist/Officer responsible for GEP3/EAC, based in the respective UNICEF Field Office. It is expected the State M&E Consultant will form effective professional relationships with relevant education sector stakeholders in GEP3/EAC focus state at all levels to advance GEP3/EAC activities and results.
- The consultant will work collaboratively with the other GEP3/EAC state consultants â€“ coordinating activities, analyzing operating environment, sharing lesson learnt and progress and maximizing synergy between activities towards key result areas.
Scope /Focus of the Assignment Areas of Focus
- The assignment will entail the M&E consultant to effectively ensure monitoring, data collection and maintain records on all GEP3 and EAC interventions in the respective focus state as per the state work plan and M&E Framework contributing to the overall results of GEP3/EAC and in partnership with state education agencies.
- Under the management of the State Project Coordinator (SPC), the supervision of the Sokoto Field Office Education Specialist/Officer and further technical guidance of the Education Specialist M&E Abuja, the State M&E Consultant shall carry out the following tasks in fulfilling the expectations of this assignment:
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records/database on GEP3/EAC implementation across the three output areas in state, and ensure effective and timely information reporting as required;
- Conduct quality assurance activities to ensure quality of the implementation of interventions under the guidance of the Education Specialist M&E;
- Work closely with SUBEB and MOE EMIS officials to ensure timely completion (based on agreed timeframe) of Annual School Census data collection, processing, data cleaning, data merging, analysis, standard statistics reports generation, and dissemination of gender disaggregated results;
- Liaise with MOE and SUBEB EMIS officials to provide technical support to strengthen capacity of EMIS staff at the LGEA level;Â
- In coordination with State Output Leads and national Education Specialist M&E, monitor and support IQS integration into the ASC processes;
- Coordinate and support State level research activities led by external consultants and GEP3/EAC partners;
- Facilitate institutionalization of systems, for effective and accurate data collection and analysis;
- Document lessons learnt and best practices, producing monthly stories on GEP3/EAC implementation;
- Working with State Output Leads, ensure that systematic, accurate and updated data and information on GEP3/EAC activities is collected and analysed collaboratively;
- Produce regular monthly work plans and submit them to the SPC, Education Specialist M&E, and FO Education GEP3 focal person;
- Support and coordinate state level research activities led by external consultants and GEP3/EAC partners.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Advanced degree in Education, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of experience and demonstrated ability in data collection, monitoring and statistics.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of data analysis packages (Excel, SPSS, and Access).
- Strong analytical skills using diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience working on gender issues.
- Extensive knowledge and skills of education and social sectors in Nigeria and in northern Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates, applies and shares technical knowledge.
- Good understanding of girls' education issues, community involvement and participation.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to varied audiences.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment, sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Language: Fluency in English language and good English writing skills. Fluency in language of the immediate environment.
- The duration of this consultancy is 11.5 months
Application Closing Date
Friday, 19th October, 2018 by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (W. Central Africa Standard Time)
- All applicants should quote an all inclusive fee
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed