IT/Operations Officer (Kebbi) at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT/Operations Officer - Nigeria IHP
Location: Kebbi State
Reports to: Operations Manager
Duration: Five years
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- The IT /Operations Officer is the first point of contact and initial point of support for technical requests, assistance and advice to field staff for software, hardware and services utilized throughout the country. The IT Officer will be expected to ensure that IT&T infrastructure is fully operational, strategically appropriate and compliant.
- As Operations Support person under the leadership of the Operations Manager, is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the state program, including office management, facilities repairs, etc.
- Performs windows operating system deployments using existing Microsoft WDS to meet SOE (Standard Operating Equipment) procedures and internal policies
- Provides first-tier support for computer hardware. Hardware support to include, but not limited to, laptop computers, printers, switches, wireless access points
- Troubleshoots software applications such as Microsoft Office and operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Provides audio/video support and familiar with boardroom equipment in a corporate setting
- Reports to Bauchi Finance and Administration Director and is supervised by Operations Manager
- Maintains appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (due diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists, competitive quotations, field vouchers, approved budgets, and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments and checks
- Administers regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurance and processing of claims in case of loss
- Maintains HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, and ensures medical insurance for staff
- Maintains up-to-date records of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and administers prompt payment of rent, insurance, service, and utility bills
- Assists in performing project close out activities
- Reports to Operations Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related discipline; master’s degree (preferred and possession of an MBA is added advantage.)
- Total minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems specifically Windows 7.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Network experience
- Aptitude and interest for technical activities
- Have the ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
- Willing to maintain and create IT application and process documentation
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels
- Results oriented and proven record of managing expenditures within budgets
- 0-3 of operations support experience is an added advantage
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2018.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed