Consultants - GEP3 / EAC State Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) at the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
ZAMFARA , SOKOTO , KEBBI ,
United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - GEP3 / EAC State Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Job Number: 529060
Locations: Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara
Work Type: Consultancy
Duration: 11.5 months from the date of signing the contract
Slots: 4 Openings (Sokoto (2), Kebbi (1) and Zamfara (1))
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of this consultancy is to ensure the effective monitoring, data collection and maintain records on all Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) interventions in the respective GEP3 and Educate A Child (EAC) focus states (Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara) according to the GEP3 / EAC state work plan and GEP3 monitoring and evaluation framework, contributing to the results of the project
- Two State M&E Consultants will be contracted in each of the two GEP3 (Sokoto and Zamfara) and one M & E Consultant in EAC (Kebbi) focus state. GEP3 / EAC activities are implemented in close partnership with government education agencies and civil society partners.
- The consultant will report to the State Project Coordinator under supervision of the Sokoto Education Specialist / Officer and with technical guidance of the Education Specialist, M&E based in Abuja. The consultant will work closely with the Education Specialist / Officer responsible for GEP3 / EAC, based in the respective UNICEF Field Office. It is expected the State M&E Consultant will form effective professional relationships with relevant education sector stakeholders in GEP3 / EAC focus state at all levels to advance GEP3 / EAC activities and results
- The consultant will work collaboratively with the other GEP3 / EAC state consultants – coordinating activities, analyzing operating environment, sharing lesson learnt and progress and maximizing synergy between activities towards key result areas.
Main Tasks of the Consultant
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records / database on GEP3/EAC implementation across the three output areas in state, and ensure effective and timely information reporting as required;
- Conduct quality assurance activities to ensure quality of the implementation of interventions under the guidance of the Education Specialist M&E;
- Work closely with SUBEB and MOE EMIS officials to ensure timely completion (based on agreed timeframe) of Annual School Census data collection, processing, data cleaning, data merging, analysis, standard statistics reports generation, and dissemination of gender disaggregated results;
- Liaise with MOE and SUBEB EMIS officials to provide technical support to strengthen capacity of EMIS staff at the LGEA level;
- In coordination with State Output Leads and national Education Specialist M&E, monitor and support IQS integration into the ASC processes;
- Coordinate and support State level research activities led by external consultants and GEP3 / EAC partners;
- Facilitate institutionalization of systems, for effective and accurate data collection and analysis;
- Document lessons learnt and best practices, producing monthly stories on GEP3 / EAC implementation;
- Working with State Output Leads, ensure that systematic, accurate and updated data and information on GEP3 / EAC activities is collected and analysed collaboratively;
- Produce regular monthly work plans and submit them to the SPC, Education Specialist M&E, and FO Education GEP3 focal person;
- Support and coordinate state level research activities led by external consultants and GEP3 / EAC partners.
- Timely submission of monthly reports and data tables covering all three output areas, contributing to quarterly and annual reports on specific areas under the output;
- Monthly work plans detailing how key tasks will be conducted (due on 25th of the month).
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Advanced Degree in Education, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of experience and demonstrated ability in data collection, monitoring and statistics.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of data analysis packages (Excel, SPSS, and Access).
- Strong analytical skills using diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience working on gender issues.
- Extensive knowledge and skills of education and social sectors in Nigeria and in northern Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates, applies and shares technical knowledge.
- Good understanding of girls' education issues, community involvement and participation.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to varied audiences.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment, sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Fluency in English language and good English writing skills. Fluency in language of the immediate environment.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2020; 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed