12 Openings for Nutrition Specialists at a Reputable Non-governmental Organization (NGO)
ABIA , AKWA IBOM , KADUNA , KANO , KATSINA , GOMBE , NIGER , PLATEAU , NASARAWA , KWARA , OYO , KOGI ,
A reputable non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria seeks to recruit qualified person to fill critical position necessary for their programme implementation. The organization works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, USAID, Global Fund as well as the British government to fight AIDS, Malnutrition, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Specialist
Locations: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Oyo and Plateau.
- The successful person will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery that is aimed at increasing assess to and utilization of knowledge for improved behavior related to infant and young child feeding, notably early, exclusive and continued breastfeeding, appropriate complementary feeding of children 6-23 months of age.
- S / He will be responsible for deployment of the proposed innovations to comply with the technical and operational standards and ensure regular documentation and reporting on the progress of the innovation.
- The Nutrition Specialist will participate in periodic quality testing of nutrition related products, supplies and pharmaceuticals undertaken by NAFDAC or independent parties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Master's degree in a relevant discipline (Nutrition / Public Health)
- Must have a minimum of Eight (8) years’ post-Master’s experience managing development projects in Nigeria, with a strong focus on field implementation.
- Demonstrated experience of working on nutrition-related issues with multi-sectoral teams in developing nations
- Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work.
- Knowledge of other Nigerian languages will be an asset.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management’ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed