Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Product Innovations Specialist
Location: Minna, Niger
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- The Agronomy Specialist will sit with the Innovations Department, the driving force behind improving One Acre Fund’s programs, products, and services to farmers.
- The Specialist will lead the design of the department’s product research and trials, managing a team of Trial Officers, Managers, and Coordinators. These trials are often conducted in collaboration with farmers in their fields across all regions of One Acre Fund operation in Nigeria.
- You will also oversee the analysis of all Innovations trial data and finalize the impact models for each individual product in consideration. This is influential in deciding what is offered to the smallholder farmers that we serve.
- You will require at least 20% time observing and supervising field activities/farmers with the remaining time spent designing research/trials, planning, calendaring, coordinating with other departments, creating materials, analyzing results, and preparing reports or recommendations.
- You will report directly to the Innovations Lead.
- Recommend, design and manage product trials with minimal department leadership support
- Manage professional development for one or more direct reports while providing necessary support to achieve team goals
- Run analysis on data and prepare reports and memos with recommendations for the next steps
- Liaise independently with external departments and cross-country contacts within One Acre Fund on issues relating to research and product trials
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in any field of Agriculture, Rural Livelihood or any relevant field
- Professional experience with data management, proficiency in STATA, R or any other relevant statistical software is required
- 3-5 years of practical experience working on Agricultural Research and Project management is required
- Fluency in the English language and any other local language
- Willingness to live and work in rural areas close to our farmers
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria
Health insurance paid time off
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed