Job Alert: Program Officer at Education as a Vaccine
Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-led, youth-focused non-profit organization created to work in partnership with children, adolescents and young people in particular adolescent girls and young women to advance their rights to health and freedom from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities, providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Reports to: Team Leader, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening
Based at: Field Office
Time Requirements: Full time with a minimum of 45 hours per week
- Coordinate the implementation of project(s) and ensure successful achievement of project goals and objectives.
- The Program Officer will work directly with the Team Leader, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and Executive Director in the delivery of key tasks
- The Program Officer will also supervise Program Assistants and volunteers.
Key Task and Responsibilities
Coordination and Management:
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of program activities at community or state levels.
- Provide technical inputs for direct implementation of project activities including:
- Identification and selection of project sites or communities;
- Delivery of capacity building activities such as mentoring and training workshops;
- Develop or adapt SBC materials and tools; and
- Conduct outreach activities/events including edutainment activities.
- Identify project partners and establish and maintain formal relationships with partners
- Coordinate the activities of project partners and volunteers and provide support/supervision as required.
- Develop and execute strategies for sustainability of project interventions in target communities
- Provide technical assistance for the execution of other organizational projects based on technical competency
- Serve as primarily liaison and spokesperson on the project with external stakeholders
- Knowledge Management and Evaluation
- Track project inputs, outputs and outcomes using organizational monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Document project progress, challenges and lessons learnt in monthly progress report for submission to HOP and donor/partners.
- Develop technical briefs and best practices publication to share project lessons with external stakeholders.
- Report on project service statistics monthly to EVA, partner/donor and M&E team on a monthly basis
- Support the development of quarterly organizational newsletter, updates and annual reports
Financial Management and Fundraising:
- Manage all financial resources of the project with support from the Finance and Administration Team.
- Source for material, technical and financial resources to support the implementation of the project.
- Source for new funding opportunities and contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers.
- Organization Management
- Provide technical support and supervision to the Program Coordinator(s) and/or Assistant(s) working directly on primary project.
- Laise with other state program coordinators working on the same program or in the same unit to foster cross learning and sharing of best practices.
All other task assigned by the organization.
- A Degree in Science or Social Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in program development and management of project activities with local NGOs or INGOs.
- Good resource planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skill in English and Hausa.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Proficient use of a computer and Microsoft office.
- Ability to work in a team and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization (donors, government and other external sources) and representing the organization during external briefings.
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems including creative contributions.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2020.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed