Data Center & System Administrator at HealthPlus Limited
HealthPlus Limited is Nigeria's 1st Integrative Pharmacy, the fastest growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. Since 1999, we have been committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health & vitality. In 2010, a sister company was birthed - CasaBella International Limited. CasaBella, a one-stop store for beauty and grooming solutions is now a retail chain and a household name.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center & System Administrator
Reference #: HP/IT/18
Contract Type: Permanent
- Administration,Electrical Engineering,Information Technology,Software Development,Software Testing
- Industries: Healthcare,ICT - Information & Communications Technology,Infrastructure,IT - Information Technology,Retail,Software Development
- Ensure optimum server performance and maintains applications on servers
- Administers district policies regarding use of computers and data access (e.g. updating software, set passwords, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with company’s IT policy
- Problem solving and documentation of current and new servers in both physical and virtual environments
- Performs and oversees continuous system health checks, user administration, and application of patches, upgrades, Performs data management services, server tuning, and directory services maintenance
- Increase reliability and enhance efficiencies by implementing 3rd party tools and scripts
- Delivers anti-virus software updates and virus protection to classrooms and user desktops
- Ensures compliance to security standards, policies and guidelines across the College network
- Provides business continuity through thorough back-up and restore procedures, and periodic testing of outage scenarios
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Administers and maintains a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and Hyper-V virtual servers and support for desktop resolution issues, backing up the Service Desk, Desktop, and Network Technicians; patches and updates, facilitating service request fulfilment, and safeguarding company’s data
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots group policy and administrative templates
- Configures and troubleshoots Windows and Visual Basic scripting
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server-based applications running on the network including Exchange 2010 and 2013, SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2012, and Microsoft IIS; and Active Directory Services 2008 and 2012
- Administers and maintains the servers running the Company’s ERP system
- Coordinates and works with outside vendors to resolve problems and issues with hardware and software
- Build and maintain the servers required for development work, internal testing, customer testing and production environments. Maintain file version consistency across all development servers. Maintain access privileges and account groups as directed by development team
- Collaborate with operations, and projects to provide technical direction on network topologies, server configurations, hardware/software deployments, firewall configurations and other administrative tasks related to the staging and maintenance of company development, testing and production servers
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network upgrades and new configurations
- Acquire, configure and maintain development, test and production servers. Support development, test and production servers including after-hours support and monitoring server usage and up-time
- Manages access to network resources including network accounts, mailboxes, etc
- Plans, deploys, and documents new servers, printers, devices, and services
- Ensures that external and internal regulations and policies governing data management are met, including regulations concerning security, audit and privacy
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
- Works with the Network/Communication/CCTV and Biometrics
- B.Sc in Physics, Electrical Electronics or Computer Engineering
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs. CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, PMP is an added advantage
- 3 - 5 years of experience in maintaining and supporting a Microsoft environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 in a clustered environment, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2012, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SharePoint 2003 and 2010;
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 in a clustered environment,
- Demonstrated knowledge with both physical and virtualized servers, especially Hyper-V
- Administers SQL Server Dev, QA and Coordinates backups and restore functions.
- Monitors SQL Server jobs and Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Installs and configures SQL database setups , capacity planning and monitors database growth.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server production issues or service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Manages SQL Server security logins, Manages SQL database Cluster, replication & Mirroring.
- Works with development to tune badly performing queries and Oversees index management.
- Deals with performance issues on production SQL Servers and Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 in a clustered environment, Microsoft Exchange
- Demonstrated knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS, 802.1x, and DHCP protocols
- Manages SQL database Cluster, replication & Mirroring, Manages SQL Server security and logins.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2018.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed