Project Coordinator - Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on Africa’s agricultural and nutrition sectors. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies, and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator - Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Duties and Responsibilities
Entry Strategy and Proposal Development:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive entry strategy for Sahel Consulting in the CSA and regenerative agriculture landscape.
- Lead the development of high-quality proposals for CSA projects, ensuring alignment with client requirements and Sahel Consulting's strategic objectives.
Project Implementation and Management:
- Lead the design and implementation of climate change adaptation and mitigation programs and projects ensuring timely and successful project delivery.
- Review and contribute to the integration of climate change and green growth into existing and new projects/initiatives.
- Monitor project progress, budgets, and milestones, and address any issues or challenges that arise.
Partnership Development and Resource Mobilization:
- Support the mobilization of resources for climate change interventions by developing partnerships with donors and relevant organizations.
- Identify funding opportunities and prepare funding proposals to secure financial support for CSA projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to leverage additional resources and enhance project sustainability.
Knowledge and Policy Engagement:
- Stay updated on climate change issues and policies at national and international levels.
- Monitor and analyze evolving actions related to climate change in the national and international agenda.
- Contribute to knowledge management and thought leadership activities related to CSA and climate change.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree in any Environmental-related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years in critical environmental and climate change issues such as climate finance, energy, and sustainability.
- Proven experience in leading and managing CSA projects, preferably in the context of climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and commitment to advocating climate-smart agriculture is required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest innovations and developments in the CSA, regenerative agriculture, soil health, and other issues around agriculture, energy, and the environmental
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Preference is for candidates who understand project management, business development, resource mobilization, and strategy.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Climate Smart Agriculture" as the subject of the mail.
- Position based: Abuja with occasional travels across Nigeria.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we can contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed