Product Owner (Digital Infrastructure & Managed Services) at Interswitch Group
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Owner (Digital Infrastructure & Managed Services)
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Systegra - Digital Infrastructure & Managed Services
- To execute the strategy for allocated products, by planning and coordinating resources, to enable the timely development and implementation of quality solutions and products.
- To drive the scope of the product development and optimisation, including breaking down this scope into specifications, features, and user stories in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
- To act as an ambassador for the product and a primary contact for related queries.
- To work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to analyse these queries and align the product roadmap to strategic goals.
Performance Improvement through Business Intelligence
- Support creation of machine learning algorithms by applying standard statistical analysis or data preparation methods.
- Support data-driven analysis to identify opportunities for product / service improvement.
- Serve as an advocate for data-driven product design, evangelise insights on what is working and what is not to help drive incremental gains in pipeline and revenue.
- Gather and analyse data and information to assist in the ideation, design, and continuous improvement of product specifications, features and roadmap developed by the engineering teams.
Product Training, Information and Business Advice:
- Identify product training needs and develop product training courses to fill gaps in existing programmes, methods, or tools and run training programmes for specific areas using prepared content.
- Serve as the first point of contact, to resolve queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on complex processes and the related policies, referring to others where necessary for interpretation of policy.
- Provide advanced product / service information and respond to complex customer questions about the product / service.
- Act as mentor and coach to junior team members while fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust among senior- level team members.
Agile Release Planning and Project Coordination:
- Support the formulation of the annual planning based on roadmaps and the development of business cases in support of the governance process.
- Lead, plan and replan product releases as they are produced to ensure timely updates and to deliver the planned benefits as early as possible in the product life-cycle.
- Coordinate activities and initiatives across Interswitch on issues and matters related to the product, including managing relationships with internal key stakeholders, service providers and vendors to facilitate smooth development and implementation of the product.
- Identify, understand, and share customers’ needs during scrum meetings to translate them into product measurable features; map customer journey to get a sense of their motivations, future needs, and pain points to improve the customer experience and deliver business value.
- Communicate product strategy and functionality across Interswitch, review product documentation and collateral.
- Assist in managing the product throughout its life-cycle, while ascertaining business relevance, adoption and continuous improvement.
- Perform analyses to stay abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product's competitive position.
- Manage, prioritise, and facilitate the refinement of the product backlog to ascertain that the engineering teams are delivering the right enhancements that realise the product vision and drive customer experience.
- Identify shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, and use established change management programmes to address them.
- Drive the continuous upgrading and enhancement of the product and the operating environment to maintain currency with technological progress, industry trends, competitive intelligence, economic change, and all business needs.
Promote Customer Focus and Experiences:
- Develop internal communications and work collaboratively with colleagues to build strong external customer relationships and meet customer needs.
- Support the implementation of differentiating customer experience initiatives, stories and processes.
- Manage and maintain efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Coordinate the piloting of new products or features with clients, feedback the reviews, issues and defect to the project team for resolution to ensure the deployment of a fully functional and reliable product.
- University First Degree in Business, Computer science, Statistics or Finance related field
- At least 6 years' experience in Product Owner / Management roles ideally within reputable financial institutions or the payments industry.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Login And Apply