MERL Officer at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
TARABA , JALINGO ,
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We seek a highly experienced and qualified candidate to fill the below position:
Job Title: MERL Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Job Type: Full Time
- Pact is recruiting a MERL Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded peace building and conflict mitigation project.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Result, and Learning Officer supports the program teams with technical oversight and direction on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing areas. Coordinate and support data collection and data analysis.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing program results.
- Participate in program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans.
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output level data.
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of CSO and LGA partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with CSO and LGA partners to establish their internal MER systems, M&E plans, and data quality management.
- Support the implementation of program’s MERL systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database.
- Support pre and post monitoring, needs assessment, survey, focus groups and evaluation or verification as well as other studies at the project or program level.
- Support data capture across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports.
- Collaborate with project staff to identify and draft Success Stories, including documentation through photos and video.
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information.
- Provide input on the design and implementation of baseline studies, midterm evaluation and final evaluation.
- Work closely with program team to ensure documents are filed and archived appropriately.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA/B.Sc. in Social Science, Demography, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology, or any other related field.
- At least five (4) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Experience working on USAID or other U.S. Government-funded projects.
- Experience participating in field surveys - utilizing quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence based decision making.
- Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
Application Closing Date
Friday, 23rd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV/Resume/Applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed