International Medical Corps Vacancy for a Compliance Manager
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Job ID: 18-344
Department: Ethics and Compliance
Scope of Work
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013, and currently has projects in Kano and Borno States. In Borno, International Medical Corps has been actively implementing interventions to support vulnerable populations recently affected by conflict and displacement due to Boko Haram insurgency. Northeastern Nigeria has experienced large-scale population displacement over the last few years because of the Boko Haram insurgency. Currently it is estimated that at 8.5 million people need humanitarian assistance in the three affected states of Yobe, Adamawa and Borno in North eastern Nigeria. Of these, 4.4 million are in Borno state alone. There are
1.4 million IDPs in Borno, accounting for 69% of all IDPs in the three states. The IDPs are either living in informal settlements, host communities, and government designated formal IDP camps around Maiduguri town, the capital city of Borno State.
Since Oct 2016, International Medical Corps has been implementing an Emergency Nutrition Response project supported by the World Food Program/WFP. In Oct- December 2016, the program distributed over 1.5 MT of food commodities. The current WFP aims to reach 136,000 beneficiaries with 8.5 MT commodities for BSFP under 5 years, PLW and General Food Distribution. IMC runs sister programs with support from OFDA, International Medical Corps is currently implementing integrated emergency humanitarian response programs in Borno focusing on WASH, Health and GBV by targeting internally displaced persons and host community.
- The Compliance Manager will work closely with the Regional Compliance Coordinator in coordinating and leading the entire compliance review work, provide technical support and supervise and review the compliance review work under her/his supervision. Moreover the Compliance Manager is expected to provide guidance and facilitate the compliance review engagement under, field offices, partner organizations and country office departments assigned to him/her.
- The Compliance Manager will be responsible in providing professional advice on preventive, detective and corrective internal control and organizational risk management to respective field, and country office management. S/he is responsible to supervise compliance officers.
- Field Compliance is independent of all country program management and the Compliance Manager is expected to maintain a professional and ethical demeanour beyond reproach and to always protect confidentiality.
- Employee will serve as the Compliance lead in the implementation of OFDA, USAID, and WFP programs in Nigeria.
Specifically, the Coordinator will complete the following tasks:
- Develop a compliance review plan with the Senior Management Team.
- Design compliance review engagement schedule.
- Review samples prepared by the compliance officers before the compliance review execution starts and, receive approval from Regional Compliance Coordinator for compliance review executed by him/her.
- Exemplify the role model behavior when it comes to ethics and organizational values.
- In the absence of Compliance Officer/s conduct all types of standard compliance review areas as per Compliance Charter.
- Communicate periodically with management in order to verify progress made with regards to the internal and external audit recommendations.
- Assist in investigations upon request and approval of the Regional Compliance Coordinator.
- Assist management to effectively identify, document and mitigate compliance risks associated with program and operations activities.
- Ensure Compliance Officers are following up on the developed Issue Log for management agreed upon action plan that includes compliance, internal and external audit recommendations to track their timely implementation.
- Perform and supervise the Compliance Officer/s under his supervision on compliance review procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques with proper standard compliance review working papers and/or other suitable mechanism
- Prepares timely compliance review reports based on the standard template and review the assignment conducted by compliance Officers prior to submission to the Regional Compliance Coordinator.
- Build and develop the capacity of the compliance officers through the use of effective training, on job coaching, performance management frameworks and development plan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed