Job Offer: MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MHC & RTG Electrical Technician
Location: Onne, Rivers
Department: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- To repair, fault find and diagnose electrical and electronic faults on Mobile Harbor Cranes (MHC), Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG), Spreaders (SP) and other equipment in compliance with Code of Practice in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring optimum availability and reliability of equipment.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on MHC, RTG, SP and other plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost-effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of MHC, RTG, SP and other equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from quay and yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list.
- To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Advise MHC & RTG Fore-man and or MHC & RTG Supervisor on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
- Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
We Are Looking For
- An Electrical Technician with experience in maintenance of Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Tyred Gantry and Spreaders.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed