2 Openings for Project Assistants at the Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Location: Borno (Hawul / Shani)
Job Type: Contract
Job Field: NGO / Non-Profit
Contract Duration: 10 Months with possibility for extension
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Project Assistant will assist on managing a project on Public Safety and Security in 2 LGAs in Borno State, under the supervision of the North East Programme Manager.
- S/he will manage the day-to-day implementation of the project from a programme and financial perspective, including ensuring adequate monitoring mechanisms.
- S/he will work with other teams including with the finance, operations and monitoring and evaluation teams, as well as liaise with relevant stakeholders, including security forces like Nigerian Police Force, Military, CJTF, NSCDC, government, traditional and other NGOs.
- S/he will ensure the project is executed in compliance with donor and government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Officer and in close collaboration with the Project Team in the CO and Sub-Office, the Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Providing daily support on timely execution of project approved work plans;
- Assisting in monitoring the progress throughout the programme;
- Assisting the program officer in coordinating the exchange of information among the programme partners;
- Providing required support in organizing/conducting programme activities;
- Provision of administrative services to meetings, seminars, workshops;
- Efficient travel arrangements provided for the team as required, ensuring proper use of CHAD resources and client satisfaction;
- Supporting other programme-related activities as required by the programme management.
- Undertake and support project implementation and procurement activities according to CHAD workflows including contracting consultants, institutional contracts and organization of workshops and travel, etc.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on budget check errors, match exceptions, as well as cost-sharing deficit and PDR errors;
- Undertake budget checks for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Satisfactory outputs based on activities listed under scope of work.
- Focuses on result for the beneficiaries and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
Requirements, Skills and Experience
Education and Certificate:
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and / or Social Sciences or related field is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experiences in or administrative work and/or logistics support;
- Excellent organizational skill, service-mind, punctual, self-motivated, and proactive; experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Experience in computer and MS Office package, particularly proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of CHAD procurement and financial rules and regulation is preferable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. The ability to communicate effectively in Kanuri, Hausa, or any other local language spoken in the NE region is an asset.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages, addressed to the "Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State", via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicates your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed