Programme Officer at the Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Location: (Hawul / Shani) Borno
Job Type: Contract
Job Field NGO / Non-profit
Duration: 10 Months
Role and Purpose
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing a project on Public Safety and Security in 59 centers in Maiduguri, under the supervision of the North East Programme Manager.
- S/he will manage the day-to-day implementation of the project from a programme and financial perspective, including ensuring adequate monitoring mechanisms.
- S/he will supervise project Assistant and coordinate work with the finance, operations and monitoring and evaluation teams, as well as liaise with relevant stakeholders, including security forces like Nigerian Police Force, Military, CJTF, NSCDC, government, traditional and other NGOs.
- S/he will ensure the project is executed in compliance with donor and government regulations.
- Take overall management responsibility for the project, including developing and updating work plans and implementation strategies
- Ensure activities implemented in line with project objectives, on time and with quality
- Ensure clarity about roles and responsibilities among project stakeholders.
- Monitor and continuously assess the operating context and the project activities, and recommend changes in approach accordingly
- Ensure compliance with CHAD operational policies
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders, particularly security stakeholders and community leaders
- Oversee the production of project reports in a variety of formats (written, audio, video) as required by Alert and the donor.
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with North East M&E Officer
- Identify appropriate fora for the dissemination of project information and materials, and organize appropriate dissemination activities
- Participate actively in the management processes of the team, including team meetings, sharing of information, context analysis, and strategy development
- Participate actively in State level forums on issues related to the project, particularly the North East Peace and Security
- Network, to promote cross-learning and collaboration with other organizations
- Any other reasonable activities as determined by the line manager and/or Country Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree / HND in relevant field
- At least 4 years of work experience
- Experience working with or on security sector would be a strong asset
- Experience directly supervising other staff
- At least 2 years working in Northeast Nigeria or other emergency environment
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Good writing skills and good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security Environment.
- English (oral and written) and Hausa fluency; Knowledge of Kanuri and other languages prevalent in Borno State would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages, addressed to the "Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State", via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicates your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed