Community Enumerator at the Center for Community Health and Development International
₦60,000 - 100,000
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Enumerator
Duration: 10 months with possible renewal
The Scope of Role
- The Enumerator will support the project team to carry out fieldwork and other assessment/ activities, which may be required for the program's functioning and strategy.
- The Enumerator’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Enumerator will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in collecting data as per the program requirements for its different sites which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on questionnaires developed and supplied by the program lead.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires using mobile data collection tool or other tool as may be recommended by the program officer.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program manager.
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings, carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field activities
- Enumerators will work in the field under the guidance and supervision of the program Officers/M&E officer who will report to the Project Coordinator / Manager.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma or its equivalent
- Experience in working in a volatile area with peculiar nature of Borno State.
- Previous experience in leadership/governance or community engagement.
- Experience in community engagement, advocacy, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews.
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa. Kanuri speaking is highly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages, addressed to the "Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State", via the email: email@example.com Kindly indicate your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed