Community Volunteer at the Center for Community Health and Development International
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Volunteer
Duration: 10 months with possible renewal
Key Areas of Responsibility
The volunteer will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in program coordination, which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on program developed and supplied by the program lead.
- Participate in overall implementation of the activities as may be assigned by the project team lead.
- Gather and accurately record responses from the community members as the need may demand.
- Submit completed reports and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program manager.
- As part of each assignment, he or she will participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- The community Volunteer will work in the field under the guidance and supervision of the program Officer who will report to the Project Coordinator / Manager.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Experience
- National Diploma or its equivalent.
- Experience in working in a volatile area with peculiar nature of Borno State.
- Previous experience in leadership / governance or community engagement.
- Experience in community engagement, advocacy, and conducting interviews.
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa. Kanuri speaking is highly preferred.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages, addressed to the "Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State", via the email: email@example.com Kindly indicate your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed