Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at the Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: (Hawul / Shani), Borno State.
Duration: 10 months with possible renewal
Job Field: NGO / Non-profit
- CHAD is looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for our area office in Borno state, North-East Nigeria.
- The role of the M&E Officer is to establish and implement systems that promote evidence-based decision-making, program and project performance, and internal management.
- The M&E officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Within this context, the M&E officer will provide technical support to the program staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the region by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-efficient and meaningful M&E systems. The officer is to reports to the Head of the Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff leads the process to establish country office and area office program level M&E and accountability (Community Accountability Response Mechanism) systems.
- Lead the development of guidance and frameworks for the country and area office procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M&E.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including the theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in Country Office, and Area office strategy discussions to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the Programme.
- Provide leadership, support to technical advisors, project, and area managers in planning and standardizing M&E across projects.
- Support project managers and coordinators through the development of data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Develop a data management system for Programme and M&E data.
- Ensure that monitoring data are fed into management decisions and used in Programme management.
- Lead internal improvement processes (M&E matrixes, Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations at the office, and emerging from various AO (grant reviews, after-action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improving program staff data literacy (and usage of the institutional platform geared toward this) that supports strategic decision making.
- Encourage community meetings/orientations at the project start-up.
- Supervise and support in executing M&E plans, and Accountability systems.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an NGO
- Should possess HND / BA / B.Sc.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages, addressed to the "Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State", via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed