Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSA Sales Director
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Family: Sales
- The Sales Director leads and manages a combined team of Account Managers and Technical Sales Representatives to forecast and deliver the annual revenue target.
- They are responsible for ensuring that detailed Account Plans and strategies are created at the start of the year.
- They approve the Account Plans and through regular monitoring, quarterly as a minimum, ensure any revenue gaps are identified and addressed accordingly.
- They shall liaise with Geozone Business Managers to ensure close collaboration is achieved through the Sales process including supporting all client engagement opportunities.
- The Sales team shall drive revenue and subsequently the anticipated growth in profit margins through the creation and conversion of strategic business opportunities.
- The role is accountable for assigning the appropriate resources to identified opportunity leads, managing the lead process, tracking to closure and monitoring the necessary conversion requirements.
- They are accountable for retaining the customer base and supporting the Account Managers to identify and successfully develop relations with new customers.
- They are also responsible for introducing the Weatherford portfolio of products and services across the customer matrix.
- They are accountable for ensuring there is efficient and effective communications, including executive engagements with clients at all times through the Sales process.
- A minimum of 10 years sales experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years supervisory/managerial scope.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate sales success and achieving growth in market share and ability to improve profitability metrics; margin & EBITDA.
- In addition candidates must be able to demonstrate track record of successful high quality, effective client engagement at all levels of seniority and internal engagement with key stakeholders
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills inc. mentoring and coaching
- Demonstrated resilience, persistence and creative passion in building trust with all stakeholders, particularly when driving change – processes and people
- Demonstrated development of contracts, negotiations and execution
- Ability to relate and influence at all levels within own and client organizations
- Effective communicator (written and verbally) of commercial strategy and operation execution
- Experience in profit and loss (Financial Acumen) and management of multi-cultural areas
- Understanding of driving change in an effective manner.
- Experience in creating account plans and strategies
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to senior management internally and externally
- Self – confident, motivated, decisive, flexible, logical, methodical, determined and results driven with a sound business judgment
- Successful track record of delivering complex business projects in challenging environments
- Strong experience of successfully leading diverse teams in different locations, remotely
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix management environment
- Good technical knowledge of Weatherford product range and oilfield services
- Experience in planning, reporting, quota setting and overall account management, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, recruiting and selection of talent
- Experience in prioritizing investments and optimal deployment of capital
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed