Information, Communications & Technology Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information, Communications & Technology Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Level: Entry Level
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: ICT Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Server, Energy and Network Management:
- Supports the ICT Officer to ensure that Servers and other network resources are installed and configured for the respective users for the Damaturu office.
- Archive and keep in safe location all old files on the server and some relevant users’ data
- Supports the ICT Officer in the delivery of energy backup system (inverter, UPS) for the ICT equipment for Damaturu, Bade, Potiskum and the sub-bases
- The ICT Assistant will be the Local Area Network administrator for Bade and Potiskum offices and monitor users’ access to the Network and all its resources
Objective 2 - Radio, CCTV and Trader / Open Device Kit Devices Management:
- Supports the ICT officer to ensure the smooth operation of all HF/VHF radios for the base
- With the guidance of the ICT Officer, provide technical advice on CCTV operations to the base Security Manager whenever the needs arise
- Support the M&E team to ensure the effective use / function of the ODK phones, cash transfer, and traders’ devices.
- Support the ICT Officer to resolve all ICT related problems with the ODK phones, cash transfer devices, and traders’ devices.
Objective 3 - Data Security and Software Management:
- Ensure weekly data backup follow-up for Damaturu office and ensure that backup is done for all the sub-bases at regular times
- Ensures that the recommended anti-virus is installed on all the computers in the base and regularly updated
- In collaboration with the ICT Officer ensures that all network resources (server, network drives, switches, routers, printers) are installed in a safe and well-ventilated locations
Objective 4 - Equipment Management:
- Ensures that all staff have required equipment for the delivery of their roles
- Manages the base equipment list by regularly updating the list with new equipment
- Ensures that all users complete their Equipment Temporary Allocation Form and make sure it is well documented
- Make sure that all new equipment labels are checked and allocated appropriately
- Ensures that all equipment assigned to leavers are returned and the equipment list updated accordingly
Objective 5 - Communication Service and Subscription Management:
- Ensures the stability of internet service for the base and the sub-base and when necessary, provide internet service for individual staff who may not be within the office location for official reasons at some point
- Continuously monitor the performance of all internet service and effective use of the internet bandwidth for Bade and Potiskum.
- Query any individual for abuse of any of the communication means (internet, gsm, Thuraya, and radio) and report the same to the ICT Officer for consistent abuse
Objective 6 - Users' Management and Reporting:
- Support the ICT Officer to ensure that ICT induction is conducted for all staff
- Ensures that all ICT needs for Bade and Potiskum offices are well identified and required services are provided within the minimum allowable time.
- Reports to the ICT Officer for any equipment needed for the base
- Regularly update the ICT Officer for any ICT project ongoing under his / her supervision.
- Report any ICT challenge to the ICT Officer as they arise
Internal & External Relationships
- Logistics Manager: hierarchical relationship - technical support - exchange of information, collaboration on planning and all base matters
- ICT Manager: Technical support
- ICT Officer: Direct Line Manager
- Base Logistician: collaboration on daily tasks
- Others Programme Managers:: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination,
- Local suppliers: exchange of information, coordination, influence on the choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organizations: exchange of information
- Bachelor’s degree / Higher National Diploma in Information Technology / Engineering; Telecommunications, Computer
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 1-year experience in the ICT sector.
- Professional certificate: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CISCO
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality; able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, a strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis, and reporting of large amounts of information
- Willingness to travel to field sites
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health-related NGOs
- Fluency in one or more National / regional languages is an asset
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 per month
Application Closing Date
Friday, 6th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed