Finance Officer at the Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF)
TARABA , JALINGO ,
Banking and Finance
The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF) based in Jalingo, Taraba State, is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private and other non-government organizations to contribute in achieving equitable, sustainable and quality healthcare delivery in Nigeria. It was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005.
Our vision is to ensure universal access to quality health care and social services among the general population especially women and children. WACHEF is a member of World Hepatis Alliance (WHA), International Alliance of Patients` Organisation (IAPO), Tuberculosis Network of Nigeria, African Liver Patients Association (ALPA), Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria (AONN) among others. The organization has implemented several projects under World Bank, Global Fund, BMGF etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Handle all financial management in line with approved procedures and ensure prompt reporting within the given deadline.
- Ensure proper and timely payment of salaries, wages and other allowances for staff and consultants
- Ensure proper preparation of payment vouchers with support of waybills, invoices
- Ensure proper documentation of all retirements and payments.
- Create soft copy backup of all submitted invoices and receipts for future reference in an organized manner.
- Ensure that all transactions and documents have been duly approved, signed/stamped paid on each page and checked for completeness.
- Ensure accurate preparation of bank reconciliation.
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or any related field of study.
- Must have two (2) years post NYSC experience.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrable integrity and ability to work under pressure and produce results.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate level office software applications, including Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and database.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one attachment to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed