Community Health Extension Worker at the Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Extension Worker
Job Type: Full Time
- The Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW) will provide appropriate, relevant healthcare services at the PHCs as well as community health education and outreach services as designed by the project.
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Support the delivery of quality health services around HIV/AIDs, Tuberculosis, Syndromic Management of STIs, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Nutrition, etc., for inhabitants of assigned Local Government areas.
- Provide outreach and mobile health services to various communities in the state in line with existing protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure patient care provided at the facility is in accordance with PHC National guidelines for patients.
- Support advocacy visit to the stakeholders (PHCC, MCHC and community leaders etc.) Support open community meeting and provide feedback to community members/stakeholders on the CHIPs project.
- Support in the identification, selection and listing of CHIPs Agents for the Project
- To support health promotion and community mobilisation to improve community knowledge on health issues and eventual increase in demand for services.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly supervisory visits in the field to ensure the provision of quality home base services to pregnant women, Neonate and their families by CHIPs agent.
- Support the generation of information at health facilities and community levels on the services provided in line with the National Health Management Information Systems (NHMIS)
- Prepare and submits monthly reports.
- Motivate patients/clients to take responsibility of their health and overall well being.
- Works to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and facilities.
- To perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
Qualifications / Experience
- Community Health Extension Worker with 3-5 years of working experience in a hospital setting.
- Must possess a current license to practice from the relevant body
- Must be a certified Community Health Extension Worker from a recognised school of Health Technology.
- Must possess a current practice license from the relevant regulating body.
- Conversant with the culture and working environment in North-East Nigeria.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good counselling skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good coordination skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed