Human Resource Coordinator at SOS Children's Villages Nigeria
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
- An overview of the role is to manage Employee Compensation, Benefits Management (including benchmarking using market review data), HR Business Analytics (for data collection, analysis and reporting for decision-making) and Performance Management
- The role will manage the recruitment process, provide support in the learning and capacity development process; support in the design and development of training programmes and conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed; support in organization design and the strategic perspective of the organization; as well as HR Adminstration, Organizational Structuring and Process Management in ensuring compliance to HR processes in pursuit of the goals and objectives of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria.
- Manage the Compensation and Benefits Systems and Strategies (gather benchmark data on job role, salaries and benefits for managerial decision making, establish pay grade and pay scales (including developing salary ranges for new vacancies within the organization).
- Manage the Performance Evaluation System (including assessing results from employee performance reviews).
- Payroll Management
- Develop Career Progression strategies
- Data Analytics (i.e. key metrics on recruitment, exits, etc.), Calculate retention, turnover and internal mobility rates
- Knowledge Management (capture metrics on knowledge management activities)
- Manage the HR information System (HRIS-SAGE HR & ESS portal) –process, update and maintain employee data changes on the HRIS system, including but not limited to, new hire entries, personnel changes and/or compensation changes, leave records (i.e. annual leave, maternity, etc.) ensuring high quality output and data integrity.
- Prepare HR documents (i.e. employment contracts, onboarding documentation and on-boarding sessions).
- Revise organizational guidelines, policies and SOP‘s as required by Management.
- Liaise with external partners [i.e. HMO, Group Life Insurance, etc.] and ensure legal compliance.
- Recruitment; Support the process of recruitment, selection & placement of employees together with relevant line managers and the coordination of the induction/orientation of employees as well as the implementation of training/development of staff
- Manpower Planning (including forecasting manpower costs for functions and budget creation)
- Employee Engagement; analysis through scheduled employee satisfaction surveys for managerial decision making and improved employer/employee relationship.
- Support the programme locations in developing HR plans and strategies aligned to the organization’s strategic direction as well as the full implementation of the defined HR standards and good practices in the locations.
- With support from the Head of Function, visit and support Heads of Functions and Programme Directors in the programme locations to effectively implement SOS CV Human Resource guidelines and other related policies and guidelines within our local context as approved.
- B.Sc / B.A in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus.
- CIPM certification or equivalent is an advantage
- At least 5 years work experience in HR Management, experience as a HR Generalist advantageous.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices, including payroll management.
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities and familiarity with social media recruiting.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability in using MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel Power-point).
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Highly organized and efficient worker; skilled at multi-tasking and possess good time management skills.
- In accordance with the Organization’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where required/possible.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed