Senior System Strengthening Specialist at Creative Associates International
ABUJA , NIGERIA ,
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior System Strengthening Specialist-Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NE 1+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Senior System Strengthening Specialist will be responsible for overseeing all systems and policy-related activities.
Reporting & Supervision
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Policy Review and Formulation:
- Facilitate a process with state governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing education policy frameworks, especially around systems, access, reading instruction, and assessment;
- Design implementation plans for new EGR policies, related systems, access, reading instruction, assessment, and accountability;
- Support development of instruments and planning for monitoring of EGR policy;
- Facilitate EGR policy review meetings to track progress in implementing new policies, identify corrective actions to speed adoption, and develop tools to assess impact;
- Work with FMOE, SMOE5. UBEC, NMEC, SUBEB, SAME, MORA to provide technical support to plan for the sustainability of EGR policy initiatives;
Capacity Building and Sustainability:
- Improve the capacity of government education officials to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively sustain EGR policies and regulations;
- Provide coaching on various issues induding data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoting;
- Support dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels through state-level workshops invoMng governmenteducation officials; community meetings; IT; paperpublications; and ongoing media campaigns.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing policy frameworks, preferably in the field of education
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and state levels
- Demonstrated expertise in policy mapping and development
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- First Degree in Public Policy field. Masters Degree strongly preferred.
- Excellentwritten and oral communication skill
- Proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior System Strengthening Specialist" in the email Subject line.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Veteran.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed