Assistant Technical Officer - Essential Drugs & Logistics at the Nigerian Red Cross Society
AKWA IBOM ,
The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer - Essential Drugs & Logistics
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Taraba
- Under the direct supervision of the Team lead, the Assistant Technical Officer - Essential Drugs (ATO-ED) will support the implementation of sustainable essential drugs supply component of delivering health and nutrition intervention to the Cameroon refugees and host communities..
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide Logistics support to the outreach team and PHCs focusing on reporting, distribution, storage, and warehousing of PHC essential drugs and commodities.
- Support the PHC on product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems including laboratory logistics.
- Work with the team in developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information for PHCs
- Ensure establishment and strengthening of Performance Based Financing and Drug Revolving Fund systems committees for health facilities through engagement of host and refugee communities.
- Support coordinated systems for NRCS to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Ensure that all documentation for health commodities in the team is complete and compliant to established standards.
- Monitor disbursements of Medications, drugs and consumables to health facilities.
- Coordinate the PBF intervention including independent monitors contract, deployment, facility gains and follow up on challenges reported by the facilities
- Ensure PHC utilize the PBF gains for sustainable DRF according to the project plan
- Review retirements and other financial documents before submission to NHQ
- Submit reports of Project activities to the NHQ
- Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the NRCS goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and NRCS Statutes
- Show capacity to assist other members of staff and management, aptitude for maintaining cooperation and team spirit necessary to achieve the objectives of the National Society
- Support PHC to generate essential drug list based on NPHCDA minimum standards and ensure linkage of PHCs to vendors for procurement of commodities.
- Liase with other ATO for commodity distribution to other locations
- He/ She shall also provide mentorship and guidance to health workers in PHCs on LMIS.
- Support the review of PHC encounter bills and referral bills and certify the bills for payment by NHQ.
- Support the team in the development of Terms of References for planned activities such as capacity building, missions, meetings, stakeholder engagements etc.
- Review the teams weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Line Manager
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Good leadership and accountability skills
- Strong judgment and ability to identify and analyse problems and to think strategically to anticipate, interpret and develop strategic responses to issues
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, manage and sustain effective, successful strategic relationships both internally and externally
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Desirable attribute
- Understanding of NRCS Fundamental Principles and Code of Conduct
- Communicating, and a curious and effective listener
- Culturally sensitive, globally minded and showing respect to the views and opinions of others
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to protect the reputation of NRCS through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- High ethical standards and honesty in handling the organizational resources and zero tolerance to corruption
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 5th February 2024.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed