Internal Communications Supervisor at Sahara Group Limited
LAGOS , IKOYI ,
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Internal Communications Supervisor
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Coordinate and ensure seamless (Deliberate, Innovative, Disruptive, Emphatic and Measurable) vertical and horizontal flow of information within the Group to reinforce Sahara Culture/Ethos, Overall Brand Strategy, and understanding of vision/mission, enhance performance, and inspire a disposition of unity, albeit with optimized individuality that promotes diversity and excellence.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the internal communication needs within the Group to understand changes and potential implications for Internal Communications resulting in the timely co-ordination of employee communication through a range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity, consistency and effectiveness.
- Provide lead role in developing and implementing internal communications plans for all Group wide projects/initiatives
- Develop and create awareness for the internal communications policies and protocols (a 'How to…' manual).
- Work with HR, Strategy and other allied units/departments to source, adopt and implement strategies on periodic basis to ensure vibrancy and creativity in staff engagements
- Develop plans to sustain awareness and passion for the Group's vision, mission and brand pillars through engagement activations that help staff to live the brand
- Manage award process for the relevant staff engagement/Brand culture activities, monitor implementation, measure success and collate feedback to ensure improvement.
- Channel enquiries and complaints on the Group from all touch points to the relevant stakeholders and ensure 360o closure
- Delivering regular communication for all staff through appropriate channels
- Intranet-Liaising with IT team to leverage the intranet as an effective internal communications tool and to ensure it meets the needs of its audience.
- Briefing materials- Manage and take responsibility for all messages to internal parties ensuring consistency, accuracy and avoid message conflicts
- Announcements; coordinating adhoc and planned announcements to ensure clarity and seamless dissemination.
- Evaluate the Group's internal communications initiatives through periodic measurement to ascertain effectiveness
- Collaborate with HR to develop and drive strategies for developing regular feedback channels to promote cross-communication within the Group
- Monitor consistency in communications and drive improvement through peer reviews and best practice compliance
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Minimum of a relevant University Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role within a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company, E-commerce company, Financial services company, Oil & Gas, Telecoms or top flight creative agency
- Working knowledge of written and spoken French as role will require ability to translate and transmit various media materials in French
- Adept with all forms of social media and platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- MS Office Suite.
- Mac and Windows environments
- Good grasp of traditional, digital and social media trends in driving internal communication
- Good understanding of various metrics for measuring performance indices for various internal communications engagements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional creative flair for extracting story lines and narratives from abstract, lifestyle and industry based subject matters.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Ability to out-think briefs for problem solving
- Attention to details
- Ability to transform abstracts to reality using design
- Work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and visually
- Head, Corporate Communications
- Company MDs & Departmental Heads
- HR, Strategy & Business Intelligence Departments
- Business Development
- Corporate Communications in subsidiaries/affiliates
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed