Project Staff (Technical) at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in collaboration with the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FTCA) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is implementing a five-year project on Capacity Development for Nutrition Improvement. It is expected to start from March 2019 with the purpose of developing an effective food-based nutrition improvement approach in rural area and strengthening the multi-sectoral structure of the FCTA for its implementation.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Project Staff (Technical)
- The project team will identify pilot sites, where various nutrition and agricultural interventions will be implemented with frontline officers in order to improve and nutrition status of its target people.
- At the same time, the project aims to enhance the institutional capacity of FCTA in multi-sectoral approach on nutrition improvement. JIN Corporation, a Japanese consultant company expected to work for the project in contract with JICA, is seeking candidates for the position of technical staff of the project team.
General Description of the position
- Under the supervision of and close communication with JICA consultants (supervisors), the project staff shall conduct both technical and administrative tasks required for effective management and implementation of the project.
- Plan and participate in field surveys periodically in the pilot sites to collect data necessary for problem identification, project planning, monitoring and impact analysis, providing instructions to research assistants hired for data collection;
- Contribute to the development of operational guidelines, manuals and training materials used for nutrition and agricultural interventions of the project;
- Support project counterparts to conduct training for food-based nutrition improvement for target people as well as provide training participants with technical instructions and knowledge;
- Plan, prepare, implement and report on administrative and technical meetings, workshops, and seminars both at the field and inter-departmental or ministerial levels as assigned by supervisors;
- Assist the establishment of communication and coordination modalities among the concerned parties of the project to achieve smooth operation of the project activities;
- Facilitate the preparation of agendas and minutes of meetings concerned of the project, and disseminate them to the concerned parties;
- Purchase materials and equipment for project implementation. Obtain and administer required documents for accounting according to the supervisors' instructions as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, Public Health, or any other fields related to food-based nutrition improvement, preferably from a renowned university
- Work experience at least 5 years, or more
- Experience of working for international development organizations, NGOs, and/or government agencies for agricultural extension / nutrition / public health intervention programs is preferred
- A good command of spoken and written English
- Fluency in local languages spoken in rural communities in FCTs
- Nigerians only
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates ahould send an electronic copy of an English CV/Resume to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed