Administration Officer at the 10th European Development Fund (EDF)
The 10th European Development Fund (EDF) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
Vacancy Announcement: VAC/ABJ/02/2019
Project: Transport Facilitation Project
Purpose of Job
- Administrative management of the Programme Estimate Funds relating to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a horizontal administrative support to the project team in the implementation of the project activities of approved work plans and budget as contained in the Programme Estimate (PE) and Supervise the Office Assistant.
- Assist in the planning and organization of the evaluation of tenders; Draft supplier contracts; Management of the petty cash; Undertake basic bookkeeping functions (for example maintaining a small petty cash float, stationary procurement) as directed by the Accountant;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings and events in terms of verification, selection of venues, accommodations, meeting service providers, recording and archiving of meeting documents,
- Assist in preparation of project team missions, including forward planning of meetings and logistics as per work plan and ad hoc requirements;
- Maintain full records and archives on all incoming and outgoing communications, and tracking of response; maintain an up to date list of contacts in the beneficiary countries, the EU delegation and other institutions and provide regular updates to all project team. Ensure that documents that need translation are available in both English and French.
- Ensure that visibility materials (brochures, leaflets ...) are available and distributed to participants during project meetings and events; Print banners for display at project meetings and events; Organise media coverage of project events and ensure output is delivered.
- Ensure that all documents published by the project bear a written acknowledgement of the EU support and all statements/ speeches made under the project should acknowledge the support provided by the EU.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent; MBA is preferred) in Public/Business Administration, International Relations, other Social Sciences, or a similar relevant field.
- Experience: Three (3) years post qualification work experience.
- Knowledge: A solid knowledge of standard office computer software (Microsoft office — word, excel, power point and outlook).
- Skills: Excellent communication and inter-personal relations skills (team player).
- Language: Must be fluent in English or French. A working knowledge of the other language would be an advantage (English, French or Portuguese).
Information for Applicants/Salary
- The contract will last till September 2020. (Renewal is Subject to Availability of Funds)
- The contract will start in the Second Quarter of 2019.
- The salary will be set according to the existing salary grid applicable for the level of the post inside the organisation, taking into account the chosen candidate's work experience in the field.
Application Closing Date
17h00 local time; 8th March, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications containing the following below documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly stating “Administration Officer - EDF” in the subject line.
Applications Must include:
- A cover letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position. (1 Page)
- A completed CV in the EU standard format. (Not more than 3 Page).
- Candidates who do not clearly have the required Qualifications and Experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Candidates must abstain from contacting the EDF Delegation for information on the selection process. Any candidate that in any way tries to influence the Selection Committee will be disqualified immediately.
- Kindly note that only candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.
- The policy on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data applies.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed