Canvasser (Kaduna) at the Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Canvasser
Ref Id: sfh-29127
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Carry out demand creation activities for Integrated Community Case Management - Childhood illnesses (ICCM) services in the communities.
- Mobilise community members to participate in the Integrated Community Case Management - Childhood illnesses (ICCM) service at health facilities.
- Carry out household Interpersonal communication session.
- Identify and referral cases of Childhood illnesses (ICCM) seen in the communities.
- Provide support for outreaches activities in communities.
- Collate data from field activities and ensure input data promptly into the MIS database.
- Write monthly and quarterly report of activities conducted
- Carry out any other responsibility as may be assigned.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of a CHEW certificate or a National Diploma (ND) in Social/Behavioural/ Medical Sciences or a related field of study.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in child health programmes, especially in behaviour change communication and management of health-related plans.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of child healthcare programme.
- Experience in advocacy / IPC will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate ability and competency in working with local communities and community leaders.
- The successful candidate must be a resident in the state/community of implementation.
- He/She must be able to speak the local language of the state of intervention (Hausa).
- He/She must be conversant with the norms and values of the community.
Skills and competencies:
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed