The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is Nigeria’s National Oil Company with the mandate to manage the country’s vast hydrocarbon resources. As a global player in the International Oil and Gas Industry, our operations span the entire Oil and Gas Value Chain. Our business operations are managed through Strategic Business and Corporate Services Units (SBUs/CSUs) in diverse locations across Nigeria.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Project/Program Management
Reference No: EH/ICT/012
Cadre: Senior Officer / Supervisory
- To provide project management support for all IT projects and programmes to ensure successful delivery
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plan, document and safely execute large complex strategic IT projects as defined in the NNPC Project Delivery Framework and deliver within agreed timeline and budget
- Prepare, maintain and publish project management templates to support project delivery using defined methodologies and standards; templates shall include Project charter, Project Management Plan, Lessons Learned, Issues Log, quality checks, Close out report etc.
- Estimate and monitor IT project costs, timescales and resource requirements in relation to the approved business case and act where these deviates from plan and facilitate tracking and escalation of IT project progress and issues
- First Class or Second Class Upper (First Degree) in relevant Information Technology disciplines
- Second Class Lower or HND Upper Credit (minimum) in relevant Information Technology disciplines, plus Master’s degree
- Certification/Membership of relevant professional body
- NYSC Completion/Exemption Certificate
- Applicants must not be more than 34 years of age as at 31st December, 2018.
- Applicants must have Minimum of 6 years relevant post qualification experience .
- Experience in the oil and gas industry will be an added advantage.
Key Functional Competencies:
- Business Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Cost Estimation, monitoring and control.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2019.
- All applications must be completed online as paper applications are not acceptable.
- Applicants will be required to attach any relevant professional certification attained
- All applicants should please note that successful candidates may be required to work in any of our business locations across Nigeria.
- Please ensure that you apply for one job position only. Multiple applications will lead to nullification of all submissions.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NNPC will not be responsible for applications submitted on any website other than its official page at: https://careers.nnpcgroup.com/
- NNPC does not charge any fees for submission of job application
- Applicants personal data will be used for the purpose of this recruitment exercise only
- Where it is discovered, at any point in this recruitment exercise, that false information has been provided, defaulting applicants will be disqualified and possibly prosecuted.