Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)
Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna and field offices in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa state. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, livelihood, research, agriculture, health, nutrition, education as well as governance.
We seek energetic, idealistic team builders to join our team.
Position: Project Development Officer
Location: Kaduna state, with frequent travels to the Northeast.
To strengthen the program unit of CCDRN at National and state levels. This position will work under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager to effectively contribute to designing and implementation of responsive project activities, project monitoring and research.
Primary duties and responsibilities
This position holder shall provide effective and efficient support to the Senior Program Manager to ensure smooth program delivery in line with CCDRN’s mission. key responsibilities would be to:
• Assist the Senior Program Manager to develop specific projects.
• Work with the team in grant search and developing proposals.
• Identify new issues and topics and research questions/surveys.
• Provide updates and analysis of key developments in targeted thematic areas.
• Contribute to the development, documentation, and dissemination of project reports, highlighting lessons learned, best practices, and experience.
• Identify needs and opportunities and provide relevant information/daily updates on all project activities to facilitate the Senior Program Manager’s ability to develop activity ideas.
• Handle weekly updates on project activities on CCDRNs database.
• Conduct periodic policy research in line with program focus areas to identify critical gaps in policy development and implementation to inform Policy Change.
• Write reports and research summaries for internal and external audiences.
• Develop training presentations and modules.
• Work with all departments to provide technical/programmatic support.
• Provide support to the M&E department.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Manager that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
• This position holder shall be based in Kaduna state, with frequent visits to field offices and project locations as required.
• Knowledge on project Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
• Fluency in English and Hausa Language.
• Team builder/player.
• Innovative, Critical thinking and analytical skills required.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Exchanger) required.
• University degree in project management, public health, social sciences or related fields.
• Minimum two years of professional experience in a related field.
• Relevant experience in a related role working in civil society, or non-governmental organizations required.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com
• Late application will not be considered.
• Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women to apply.
Application Deadline: 26th March, 2019.