Administrative Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Ref. No: IITA-HR-NRS2020-015
Recruitment Type: National (2-years renewable contract)
- Oversee the financial operations of the project at the state level to ensure timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial report to the Project Administrator
- Assist in managing fund and ensure compliance with allocation of fund advances and utilization
- Prepare meeting notes for all project and related meetings at state level
- Develop training modules and provide training support roles on financial literacy and book-keeping
- Assist in managing budget and expenditure in relation to the project implementation and budget plan
- Assist in keeping and providing necessary support document in compliance with the project budget document
- Oversee project procurement management and monitor progress at the state level
- Manage activities in relation to resources, materials, and equipment in adherence to the approved procurement plan
- Coordinate project management activities in relation to resources, materials, and equipment in adherence to the approved budget document
- Manage logistics of state level meetings and internal trainings etc.
- Undertake any other duties that shall be assigned by the manager
- BSc / HND Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing related role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of computer-based control systems, shared network drives, and excel packages
- Have experience in working with youths and should be able to link them to private sector and finance partners for financial and enterprise development support.
- Be proficient in the use of MS office packages.
- Have good team working skills and must be able to share all relevant information with colleagues and users pro-actively at the right time.
- Have good manners in showing flexibility, respect, friendliness and cooperation.
- Show ability for efficient and harmonious team leadership.
- Have good personality and interpersonal relationship as well as excellent communication skills.
- Be able to communicate in Hausa language.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed