Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Technical Specialist - USAID Education Project in Nigeria
Locations: Abuja, Bauchi, and Sokoto
About the Project
- Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking applicants for long-term positions for an anticipated early grade reading project in Nigeria. The activity is anticipated to work in Sokoto and Bauchi, and other states to be determined in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the activity is to achieve improved reading outcomes for pupils in grades 1 through 3 and support Nigerian student enrollment, attendance, and retention.
- We are seeking technical experts for the anticipated USAID-funded Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (USAID/LEARN) activity.
Chemonics is seeking technical experts to lead program activities in the following areas:
- Systems Strengthening
- Classroom and Reading Instruction
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Education Policy Support
- Teacher Professional Development, Coaching, and Supervision
- Social and Emotional Learning
- EGR Materials Development
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Education or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID projects highly preferred
- Proven track record in the successful delivery of technical assistance
- Managerial/ supervisory experience
- Experience working collaboratively with the Government of Nigeria, international donors, and local organizations
- At least 5 years of experience working in education in Nigeria
- Fluency in English and Hausa required.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: NigeriaLEARNRecruit@chemonics.com
Note: Indicate your area of technical expertise in the subject line of your email. Finalists will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed