Office / Front Desk Assistant at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeiia currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Office / Front Desk Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
- The Office / Front Desk Assistant will sit at the front desk and act as receptionist by providing customer services and will also provide support to CPD’s office.
- The assistant will provide secretariat services for AHF Nigeria country office and also support operations and procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The officer will act as front desk or receptionist at AHF Nigeria country office
- The assistant will provide secretariat services for AHF Nigeria country office and also support operations.
- S/He will support inventory management, maintenance and updating of fixed asset records
- Provides administrative support to the Country Program Director:
- Prepares monthly credit card, petty cash, and reimbursement reports for AHF finance department / local accountancy firm;
- Maintains and manages meeting calendar;
- Maintains and updates contacts database.
- Answers incoming phone-calls; oversee office voicemail;
- Collects and distributes incoming mail! arrange courier services when needed;
- Oversees office supply inventor orders as needed;
- Develops and maintains filing system (mainly digital and also hardcopy when strictly needed);
- Monitors vendor invoices & accounts payable;
- Assist with visa applications (getting invitation letters);
- Check the email account on a daily basis, and forward information requests to the appropriate people;
- Communicate with accountancy firm on payment of invoices and on reimbursement of expense reports;
- Send original invoices, receipts and expense reports to the accountancy firm;
- Makes external hard disk backups of all updated files.
- Coordinates standing and ad-hoc teleconferences and meetings; send reminders, maintains and distributes meeting minutes and action-item grids
- Writes minutes for each one of the AHF Global teleconference meeting
- Provides administrative and logistical support for AHF Nigeria
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirement, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or HND in Administration or Finance related field.
- One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in computer operations (Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in pursuit of deadlines
- Interest and/or experience in: HIV/AIDS related work; non-profit sector; development work in resource constrained settings
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar Administrative Assistant capacity, providing logistical and secretarial support in an international environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, international environment.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2020; 5:00PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the "Position and location" you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word format
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed