Cloud / Product Architect at a Leading Cloud Computing Solutions Company
IT and Telecoms
A leading cloud computing solutions provider in the sub region is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud / Product Architect
- To Provide Cloud services/products for clients across industry verticals, including both Consulting/Professional.
- To drive high priority customer initiatives on the Azure, GCP, AWS, Bluemix Platforms in collaboration with customers and the OEM representatives in the field in the enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Applications Development Platform.
- Own the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Applications Development Platform.
- Own the Cloud Infrastructure and Azure Applications Development technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate must have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Architecting infrastructure solutions to migrate customer services to Microsoft Azure and other OEM clouds.
- Take clear technology/domain/innovation ownership for hosting architecture on DescasioТs vendor cloud platforms.
- Interface with client architects and cloud service providers to come up with a defined Products.
- Maintain Company IT standards, Architecture principles and Strategy, Roadmap and use cases.
- Making technical presentations, demonstrating and designing how a product will meet clients.
- Designing user interaction models, workflows and user interfaces.
- Integrating internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications.
- Working with user experience researchers to design and observe usability studies.
- Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements.
- Working with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency.
- Successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- DevOps experience on any cloud platform.
- Any other task as assigned to you by your line manager.
Qualification and Experience
In depth understanding of Technology Solutions specifically:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Fundamental knowledge of Azure/AWS/GCP/IBM and the like.
- Understanding on how IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions compare on Azure/AWS/GCP.
- App Services, Database, SQL Server IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage on Azure/AWS/GCP.
- Years of experience in large design efforts on product development.
- App Services, Database, SQL Server Kubernetes, containers on Azure/AWS/GCP
- Devops perspective defining solution architecture which meet availability and disaster recovery.
- Familiarity with the Devops Culture.
- Azure/AWS/GCP certifications desirable.
- Mastery of user interaction design skills to develop new approaches to complex problems.
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies.
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies) is required.
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management).
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry).
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet).
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM).
- One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive.
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required.
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub) is preferred.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Soft Skills such as writing Proposals and Presenting up to C-Levels is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior work experience in the Public Sector is highly desired.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle is desired.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Be a transformation evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a short Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Login And Apply