Vice President, Academic at Tender Years Preparatory School
Education and Training
Oxford Manor College is a sister school to Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS), a British-Nigerian school in Abuja that was established in 2005 and has maintained an outstanding reputation for the personal growth and academic excellence of its pupils.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice President, Academic
- As a Vice President, Academic, you are the chief academic officer of the school and responsible for educational policy and academic programs, planning, implementing, and coordinating the educational programs of the school and overseeing all academic affairs. The following role applies.
- Supervise teaching and learning programmes (Academic Programme)
- Supervise and co-ordinate all the academic affairs of the school and ensure a high level of excellence as regards the school's academic activities on a daily basis.
- Ensure the compliance of learners and academic staff to rules and regulations pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Liaise with other managers where appropriate to address the implementation of academic suggestions on quality assurance.
- Implement standards and Norms of British-Nigerian Curricular.
- Oversees the Academic Programme of the college and reports lapses (weaknesses) to senior management.
- Co-ordinates the adequate writing of lesson notes weekly by all educators and ensure the appropriate use of teaching aids during lessons.
- Oversees the adequate teaching of every lesson by educators and ensure that no lesson is missed by any educator.
- Ensure that student's notes are marked by subject teachers and duly endorsed and countersigned by the relevant supervisor.
- Periodically appraises the educators, supervisors and HODs, the librarian and guidance counselors and submit the reports to senior management.
- As the chairperson of the School Continuous Assessment Committee, you are to ensure the effective performance of this committee.
- Provide monthly report to senior management on key responsibility areas
- Ensures that stipulated examination syllabus and curricular are available and fully implemented.
- Ensures that the academic standard of the College is of the highest quality and excellence.
- Ensures that supervisors and Heads of Departments submit periodic reports to their respective departments.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience
- Must have experience in British Curriculum
- Minimum Qualification of MBA / MSc, B.Sc with 8-10years experience
- Must be able to use MS word.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
Login And Apply