Logistics / Operations Manager at Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS)
Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS) is a British-Nigerian school in Abuja that was established in 2005 and has maintained an outstanding reputation for the personal growth and academic excellence of its pupils. This has been accomplished through the efforts of a dedicated staff, small classes, a secure environment and a rigorous curriculum. We pride ourselves on the good behavior of our pupils and depth of parental involvement.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics / Operations Manager
- As a logistics and operations manager, you are responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic and operation management processes to achieve the school goal and objective.
- Your core responsibility is to ensure good planning, oversight, management and coordination of logistics support and operations management.
- Coordinate, consolidate, and ensure smooth implementation and adherence to logistic and security procedures to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and track shipments and movement of materials from one location to the other.
- Provide prompt travel arrangements and other logistical support.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses, monitor stock levels and place orders as needed and ensure materials are delivered on a timely basis
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers and keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs.
- Track, receive all stocks and items ordered or purchased and ensure they are delivered and appropriately stored and safe. Provide and document list of all equipment moved from one point to the other.
- Oversee storage of materials, warehouse management and maintain inventory.
- Analyze supply chain systems, ordering materials, operating necessary equipment and managing warehouse personnel.
- Research potential vendors, compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing, track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Manage repair equipment, carry out annual property inventory review and provide report in your area of responsibility.
- Create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
- Manage and ensure the safety and security of material, warehouse and officers and handle emergency situations.
- Develop reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Minimum of HND or B.Sc
- Good knowledge of logistic and operation management.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal, management skills.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Login And Apply