Publication Officer - iMMAP COVID Response at iMMAP Nigeria
BORNO , MAIDUGURI ,
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Publication Officer - iMMAP COVID Response
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start: 01 October 2020
Contract End: 01 August 2021
Status: National Consultant
- The outbreak of COVID-19 brought about unprecedented change to the way governments, institutions, and people do business globally including Nigeria, where the first case was reported on the 27th of February 2020. Late 2019, the situation in northeast Nigeria was already fragile with an estimated 7.9 million people in need of humanitarian assistance due to the protracted conflict. The COVID-19 outbreak and imposed movement restrictions including on trade, added the brunt of an additional one third - within a couple of months - to the people in need reaching 10.6 million. The humanitarian community is required to maintain the presence and increase reach in the northeast while access to updated and disaggregated information became more challenging. Therefore, actors will relay further on the use of secondary data and remote data collection methods.
- In collaboration with OCHA, this project aims to support the humanitarian sectors in northeast Nigeria with information management services including the establishment of continuous screening/ update of Secondary Data Review (SDR) repository, technical backstopping to sectors’ Information Management and for monthly situation analysis. This project will support a global project involving 6 countries.
Description of Duties
The communications officer (CO) assumes the primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote iMMAPs’ programmes.
- Examine the work of iMMAP in country to assess the communication capacity of the organisation and its various programs and projects, and determine communication requirements (internal and external) that must be met to support the organization’s goals;
- Identify and detail approaches for fulfilling iMMAP’s communication requirements in country in a comprehensive and coordinated strategy that best promotes its programmes and mission;
- Propose and lead the development of media related products including print, electronic, and online that can be employed to promote the work of the organisation and maximise its awareness within the wider humanitarian community;
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system to facilitate the measurement of the impact and efficiency of the new implemented communications strategy;
- Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP project team with partners, and participate in local community activities;
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP regional officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non- governmental organisations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public;
- Follow iMMAP's branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Serve as the main contributor of information regarding the country program to the communications and outreach manager in HQ.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the communications and outreach manager in HQ on various projects as needed.
- Serve as the main contributor on iMMAP social media pages for the country related content.
- A university degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in communication, public relations, advertising, communication analysis & planning, social development communication, marketing;
- Thorough knowledge of the UN cluster system and how it operates
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organisations while upholding humanitarian principles of impartiality and neutrality.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Login And Apply