Programme Assistant at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Ref Id: sfh-60152
Job Type: Full-time
Depart: Primary Health Care and Franchises
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15–19 years in 10 Nigerian states. The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible to coordinate mobilization activities, work with Quality Focal Persons to ensure that facilities maintain quality standards, lead sensitization meetings, coordinate adaptation activities, identify and document best practices in adolescent youth sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH), support the accountability process in compliance with financial rules and regulations, and proactively seek out and report on relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages, and challenges.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead State/ L.G.A /Community Advocacy Visits/ Meetings and Activities
- Lead Recruitment, Training and Management of Mobilizers/ Mentors/ Male Inter-Personal Communication Agents (IPCA) and Vocational Skills Facilitators
- Mentor and carry out Supportive Supervisory Visits and Coordination to mobilizers/mentors/male IPCAs/vocational skills facilitator and CSOs
- Prepare and submit monthly budgets, work plans, and reports
- Lead in monitoring and evaluation activities including the development and use of Data 2 Action framework for monthly implementation
- Lead in database management
- Lead the identification and documentation of key learnings and best practices from Adolescent SRH data across the states in the region.
- Support the accountability process in compliance with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Child investment fund foundation financial rules and regulations.
- Support the Regional Coordinator to coordinate and provide oversight monitoring of CSOs engaged in the project activities in the state.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree in Health / Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Pharmacy, or Communication Arts.
- Must possess a minimum three (3) years post-NYSC experience in a similar field
- Must possess sound technical knowledge of reproductive health and modern contraceptive methods.
- Candidate should possess basic knowledge of MCH/RH services.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), presentation skills.
- S/He must be attuned to and be comfortable with the culture/traditions of the people.
- Candidates should be able to communicate proficiently in the dominant language of the region.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database
- Multitask, mentor, and work with minimal supervision.
- Supervisory, relationship management/advocacy skills, and mentoring skills.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed