Garment Pattern Maker (Luxury Fashion Store) at Owens and Xley Consults
Owens & Xley is a full service business consulting and advisory company located in Lagos, Nigeria. We love creating practical solutions that assist entrepreneurs navigate the day-to- day challenges of running a business. At Owens and Xley Consults, everything we do is geared towards helping you build the business of your dreams and living the life you desire. Whether you are thinking of becoming your own boss or currently have your own business, we have solutions designed to support you.
We are recruiting to fill the postion below:
Job Title: Garment Pattern Maker (Luxury Fashion Store)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting: Report daily to the production manager
- You are responsible for creating templates/patterns that will be used for production. Also, you will translate blueprints into factory patterns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering the stretchiness of the fabric.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Cut patterns out of images or illustrations
- Grade patterns into sizes
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features for tailors.
- Store all patterns properly to avoid damage
- Purchase supplies for pattern making
- Examine designs to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
- Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
- Trace and cut patterns into cardboard templates
- Minimum of B.Sc, HND qualification.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years work experience.
N60, 000 - N80,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed